Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Seasonal Collection is hitting the "shelves!"

Yes: I've been busy
Yes: The day job has me working insane hours
Yes: I've been filling my warm summer weekends with outdoor activities
Yes: The blog has suffered
No: I haven't taken a break from creating....!

It's time - Etsy is full of back to school treasuries hitting the front pages each and every day.
My contribution: the very first Miss Meghan Elizabeth Seasonal Collection!

Textile Yoyo Necklace - Sunflower
I played with some textile ideas when I worked on the collection I made for the ballerina inspired photo shoot I was a part of in the spring.  The idea stuck and has now become my fall/winter collection.
A hand full of these pieces are yoyo necklaces, which I know have been found on Etsy, but I swear! I made a few before I even bothered searching to see that others made them too.... that always seems to happen.


The other half of the seasonal collection however I haven't see anything like! They are an ode to the Lumberjack and to the cozy flannel shirts of fall and winter.


What do you think? I think it's a fun way to love flannel and plaid without wearing a flannel shirt around - the sophisticated lumberjack.  They'll all be posted in my shop shortly with a few more being made.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the second flower cluster.

    I worked on my fall collection over the weekend, too. Time to start photographing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the yellow and the double-square tartan! What a neat twist on pendants! I need to get moving on printing off some new things, too. It's hard to keep moving fast enough sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never seen textile jewelry--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the yo yos on the boards! Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the white flower cluster necklace, I'll have to find it on Etsy! Thank you so much for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...